Certified Kitchen Cook START Instructor Guide
The START for Kitchen Cook Instructor Guide is the trainer resource for the START and quickSTART training programs for the Certified Kitchen Cook.
START is training presented in a classroom setting. quickSTART is training on-the-job.
Programs for individual positions include the following sections:
- All Employee Knowledge
- Position-Specific Knowledge
- Job Breakdowns (START)
- Skills Validation List (quickSTART)
The Kitchen Cook training features concise instructions for training new or prospective employees on how to perform 18 key tasks correctly. These include:
- Explaining how to use basic kitchen tools and equipment, including knives
- Converting standard recipes based on portion size and number of portions
- Handling special guest situations, including substitutions
- Demonstrating basic kitchen safety and sanitation guidelines
Instructor Guide includes:
- Trainer materials and learning resources, including competencies, quizzes, and activities.
- Printable certification exam questions for the Kitchen Cook position.
Successful candidates who complete the START or quickSTART program and pass the 30 multiple-choice questions Certified Kitchen Cook exam with a score of 70% or higher will receive a certificate and lapel pin.
There are no reviews yet.