The START for Breakfast Attendant Study Guide is the preparation material for the Certified Breakfast Attendant. It is intended for trainees learning in a classroom setting. The guide is divided into three sections for the trainee:
- Knowledge that all hospitality employees need
- Knowledge specific to the Breakfast Attendant position
- Common tasks broken down into a step-by-step method
The Breakfast Attendant training covers 16 key areas, including:
- How to properly handle food from receiving to service
- How to interact with guests and handle complaints and requests
- Knowledge of cross-contamination, foodborne illness, and food allergens
- How to set up side stations, display breakfast items, and maintain tables
The training package includes:
- Study Guide
- Certification exam scan sheet
The trainer resource is the START for Breakfast Attendant Instructor Guide, which includes the printable certification exam questions.
Successful candidates who complete the START program and pass the 30 multiple-choice Certified Breakfast Attendant exam with a score of 70% or higher will receive a certificate and lapel pin.