The START for Breakfast Attendant Instructor Guide is the trainer resource for the START and quickSTART training programs for the Certified Breakfast Attendant.
START is training presented in a classroom setting. quickSTART is training on-the-job.
Programs for individual positions include the following sections:
- All Employee Knowledge
- Position-Specific Knowledge
- Job Breakdowns (START)
- Skills Validation List (quickSTART)
The Breakfast Attendant training features concise instructions for training new or prospective employees on how to perform 16 key tasks correctly. These include:
- How to properly handle food from receiving to service
- How to interact with guests and handle complaints and requests
- Knowledge of cross-contamination, foodborne illness, and food allergens
- How to set up side stations, display breakfast items, and maintain tables
Instructor Guide includes:
- Trainer materials and learning resources, including competencies, quizzes, and activities.
- Printable certification exam questions for the Breakfast Attendant position.
Successful candidates who complete the START or quickSTART program and pass the 30 multiple-choice Certified Breakfast Attendant exam with a score of 70% or higher will receive a certificate and lapel pin.