Certified Restaurant Server START Instructor Guide
The START for Restaurant Server Instructor Guide is the trainer resource for the START and quickSTART training programs for the Certified Restaurant Server.
START is training presented in a classroom setting. quickSTART is training on-the-job.
Programs for individual positions include the following sections:
- All Employee Knowledge
- Job Breakdowns (START)
- Skills Validation List (quickSTART)
The Restaurant Server training features concise instructions for training new or prospective employees on how to perform 22 key tasks correctly. These include:
- Demonstrating how to greet and seat guests and anticipate guest needs
- Explaining how to serve beverages, serve the meal, and check back to the table
- Listing basic kitchen safety and sanitation guidelines servers should follow
- Explaining how to present guest checks and settle bills.
Instructor Guide includes:
- Trainer materials and learning resources, including competencies, quizzes, and activities.
- Printable certification exam questions for the Restaurant Server position.
Successful candidates who complete the START or quickSTART program and pass the 30 multiple-choice questions Certified Restaurant Server exam with a score of 70% or higher will receive a certificate and lapel pin.
There are no reviews yet.