The START for Guestroom Attendant Instructor Guide is the trainer resource for the START and quickSTART training programs for the Certified Guestroom Attendant.
START is training presented in a classroom setting. quickSTART is training on-the-job.
Programs for individual positions include the following sections:
- All Employee Knowledge
- Position-Specific Knowledge
- Job Breakdowns (START)
- Skills Validation List (quickSTART)
The Guestroom Attendant training features concise instructions for training new or prospective employees on how to perform 19 key tasks correctly. These include:
- Defining common room status codes
- Demonstrating how to use cleaning supplies and chemicals correctly and safely
- Understanding safety and security issues for housekeepers
- Discussing ways to organize carts and work areas for maximum efficiency
Instructor Guide includes:
- Trainer materials and learning resources, including competencies, quizzes and activities.
- Printable certification exam questions for the Guestroom Attendant position.
Successful candidates who complete the START or quickSTART program and pass the 30 multiple-choice questions Certified Guestroom Attendant exam with a score of 70% or higher will receive a certificate and lapel pin.