This quickSTART study guide is the preparation material for the Certified Restaurant Server and is intended for on-the-job training. The trainer resource is the START for Restaurant Server Instructor Guide.
The quickSTART study guide is divided into three sections for the trainee:
- Knowledge all hospitality employees need
- Knowledge specific to the Restaurant Server position
- Skills Validation List
The quickSTART Skills Validation List can be used during on-the-job training in a work or learning lab setting. Upon successful completion of each training topic, the trainer observes the trainee as they demonstrate the tasks to meet property standards. The Restaurant Server training covers 22 key areas, including:
- Demonstrating how to greet and seat guests and anticipate guest needs
- Explaining how to serve beverages, serve the meal, and check back to the table
- Listing basic kitchen safety and sanitation guidelines servers should follow
- Explaining how to present guest checks and settle bills
The training package includes:
- Study Guide
- Certification exam scan sheet
Successful candidates who complete the quickSTART program and pass the 30 multiple-choice Certified Restaurant Server exam with a score of 70% or higher will receive a certificate and lapel pin.