Job Description: As a restaurant manager, your duty is to oversee with the restaurant, to maximize sales and retain customers.
Your day-to-day duties may involve:
- opening and closing the restaurant
- managing budgets
- creating menus
- coordinating the kitchen and waiting staff
The restaurant manager has the responsibility of running all aspects of the restaurant. During the breakfast, lunch, and dinner service you’ll manage the kitchen staff, bar staff and waiters to ensure every part of the service is running smoothly. Fine dining restaurants regularly change their menus to reflect the food in season, so you’ll work with the head chef to write the menus. As well as coordinating the practical aspects of the restaurant you will be responsible for managing budgets, sales targets, and purchasing stock. You will also implement HR practices by training and developing your staff to obtain the highest standards of service and customer care.
You must comply with licensing laws and legal requirements, as well as ensure the staff is aware of all health and safety laws. You will also ensure all administration procedures are accurately completed and make sure your team is well presented before each service.
As a restaurant manager, you must have fantastic communication skills and work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Contribute to the control of resources
- Contribute to the development of a wine list
- Contribute to the selection of staff for activities
- Develop productive working relationships with colleagues
- Ensure food safety practices are followed in the preparation and serving of food and drink
- Improve the customer relationship
- Lead a team to improve customer service
- Maintain the health, hygiene, safety, and security of the working environment
- Manage the environmental impact of your work
- Monitor and solve customer service problems
- Provide leadership for your team
- Provide learning opportunities for colleagues
- Supervise practices for handling payments
Available Training and Certifications: