Job Description: As a service person your role is to serve food and drink in a bar. You will assist the bar staff to maintain a quick and welcoming service.
Your day-to-day duties may involve:
- meeting and greeting customers
- taking drink and food orders
- restocking, refilling drinks at the bar
- processing payments at the till
Bar service is provided at a range of establishments, you could be working at a nightclub, restaurant, hotel, or similar. As a service person, you play a key role in maintaining the quick service at the bar. You will replenish stock, clean, and clear the bar of empty glassware, and prepare drinks orders. Customers may ask you for advice, therefore you must know about the drinks on offer and their content.
Most bars also serve food, so you may be required to take food orders and advise customers about the dishes on offer. You’ll liaise with the kitchen team to alert them of the dish they must prepare. Between each drink round or meal, you’ll clear the table and take the chance to maximize sales with recommendations and suggestions. At the end of the service, you will direct the customer to the till and process the payment.
- Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organization
- Maintain a safe, hygienic, and secure working environment
- Maintain and deal with payments
- Maintain Customer Care
- Maintain food safety when storing, holding, and serving food
- Prepare and clear areas for table service
- Provide a table/tray service
- Serve alcoholic and soft drinks
- Work effectively as part of a hospitality team
Available Training and Certifications: