Job Description: The assistant head housekeeper is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and the hygiene of the hotel premises. They oversee a team of cleaners, room attendants and floor managers.
Your day-to-day duties may involve:
- meeting and greeting guests
- cleaning and maintaining the hotel rooms
- creating shift rosters
- maintaining health and safety procedures
- ordering cleaning products
The assistant head housekeeper has the big task of coordinating the housekeeping team. Each morning the head housekeeper will lead a team briefing to notify the staff of cleaning tasks and new arrivals at the hotel. You will lead by example and demonstrate how to use cleaning products safely.
As an assistant head housekeeper, you will support your staff as they clean and maintain the hotel rooms. Your responsibilities will include collecting linen and laundry, organizing cleaning materials and overseeing the set-up of meeting and conference rooms. You may also supervise staff as they add the finishing touches to a room, such as flower arrangements.
You will need to be a strong leader and motivate your staff to deliver high standards of cleanliness. When the head housekeeper is absent you’ll be expected to cover them; this may involve ordering new stock and training new staff. As the assistant head housekeeper, you will need to have detailed knowledge of industrial cleaning methods and have excellent organization skills to coordinate a large team.
- Contribute to the control of resources
- Contribute to the selection of staff for activities
- Deal with accidents and emergencies
- Develop productive working relationships with colleagues
- Lead a team to improve customer service
- Maintain the health, hygiene, safety, and security of the working environment
- Manage the environmental impact of your work
- Manage the receipt, storage, or dispatch of goods
- Provide learning opportunities for colleagues
- Supervise housekeeping services
- Supervise linen services
- Supervise the use of technological equipment in hospitality services
Available Training and Certifications