This textbook reflects the safety and security issues of current concern within the hospitality industry. This third edition presents best practices and guidance related to risk management in the hospitality workplace. Content takes a broader and more global view of the issues and focuses on the identification and mediation of a variety of safety and security concerns.
- Security and Safety in the Lodging Industry
- Legal Aspects of Loss Prevention
- Guestroom Security Equipment
- Lodging Safety Equipment
- Security Procedures Covering Guest Concerns
- Departmental Responsibilities in Guest and Asset Protection
- Emergency Management and Media Relations
- Protection of Funds
- Employee Safety
- Insurance and Risk Management
- Includes scan sheet for AHLEI-graded final exam for academic certificate of completion for students enrolled in a school program.
- To be eligible to take the final exam and earn a certificate of completion for this course, you must either be enrolled at a school or enrolled as a Distance Learning student through AHLEI. Distance Learning students MUST order their textbooks through the online application; textbooks purchased through the online store will NOT include the necessary final exam.
Authors: David M. Stipanuk, Cornell University, and Raymond C. Ellis, Jr., CHE
©2013, 10 Chapters, Softbound