Housekeeping is critical to the success of today’s hospitality operations. The third edition of this textbook shows what it takes to direct day-to-day operations of this department, from big-picture management issues to technical details for cleaning each area.
- Energy management, sustainability and “green” housekeeping (microfiber mops, reusing linens/towels, chemical use, green lighting, etc.)
- Post 9/11 security issues
- Health concerns (bedbugs, mold, viral outbreaks)
- Amenities and guestroom furnishings (bathrobes, triple sheeting, higher thread counts, “bed wars,” pillow menus, wireless Internet, etc.)
- Human resources (diversity, recruitment challenges, immigration reform laws, turnover, selection and interviewing)
- Includes scan sheet for AHLEI-graded final exam for academic certificate of completion for students enrolled in a school program.
- To be eligible to take the final exam and earn a certificate of completion for this course, you must either be enrolled at a school or enrolled as a Distance Learning student through AHLEI. Distance Learning students MUST order their textbooks through the online application; textbooks purchased through the online store will NOT include the necessary final exam.
Authors: Aleta A. Nitschke, The Rooms Chronicle, and William D. Frye, Ph.D., Niagara University
©2008, 14 Chapters, Softbound