Managing Hospitality Human Resources, Fifth Edition
Hospitality is a people industry, and this textbook will teach readers how to manage the important human resources that provide services within a hospitality operation. They’ll learn how to fulfill the requirements of U.S. employment and workplace laws, and discover the latest strategies for attracting employees, minimizing turnover, and maximizing productivity.
Updated content in the fifth edition includes:
- The impact of the post-recession economy on recruiting, selection, retention, and turnover
- How companies use social media to learn about job applicants
- The latest trends in effective incentive programs and industry benefits
- The changing face of unions and new trends in organizing and collective bargaining
- Social responsibility issues, including what companies are doing (and not doing) right
- Includes scan sheet for AHLEI-graded final exam for academic certificate of completion for students enrolled in a school program.
- To be eligible to take the final exam and earn a certificate of completion for this course, you must either be enrolled at a school or enrolled as a Distance Learning student through AHLEI. Distance Learning students MUST order their textbooks through the online application; textbooks purchased through the online store will NOT include the necessary final exam.
Authors: Robert H. Woods, Ph.D., CHRE, University of Nevada, Las Vegas; Misty M. Johanson, Ph.D., DePaul University; Michael P. Sciarini, Ph.D., Grand Valley State University
©2012, 14 Chapters, Softbound
There are no reviews yet.