The START for Restaurant Server Study Guide is the preparation material for the Certified Restaurant Server. It is intended for trainees learning in a classroom setting. The guide is divided into three sections for the trainee:
- The knowledge that all hospitality employees need
- Knowledge specific to the Restaurant Server position
- Common tasks are broken down into a step-by-step method
The Restaurant Server training covers 22 key areas, including:
- Demonstrating how to greet and seat guests and anticipate guest needs
- Explaining how to serve beverages, serve the meal, and check back to the table
- Listing basic kitchen safety and sanitation guidelines servers should follow
- Explaining how to present guest checks and settle bills
The training package includes:
- Study Guide
- Certification exam scan sheet
- The trainer resource is the START for Restaurant Server Instructor Guide, which includes the printable certification exam questions.
Successful candidates who complete the START program and pass the 30 multiple-choice Certified Restaurant Server exam with a score of 70% or higher will receive a certificate and lapel pin.