The START for Maintenance Employee Instructor Guide is the trainer resource for the START and quickSTART training programs for the Certified Maintenance Employee.
START is training presented in a classroom setting. quickSTART is training on-the-job.
Programs for individual positions include the following sections:
- All Employee Knowledge
- Position-Specific Knowledge
- Job Breakdowns (START)
- Skills Validation List (quickSTART)
The Maintenance Employee training features concise instructions for training new or prospective employees on how to perform 14 key tasks correctly. These include:
- Discussing the importance of OSHA regulations and personal protective equipment
- Explaining the benefits of green initiatives for a property
- Summarizing the role of maintenance workers in property safety and security
- Listing common tools and how to prepare, inventory, and maintain them
Instructor Guide includes:
- Trainer materials and learning resources, including competencies, quizzes and activities.
- Printable certification exam questions for the Maintenance Employee position.
Successful candidates who complete the START or quickSTART program and pass the 30 multiple-choice question Certified Maintenance Employee exam with a score of 70% or higher will receive a certificate and lapel pin.