This quickSTART study guide is the preparation material for the Certified Maintenance Employee and is intended for on-the-job training. The trainer resource is the START for Maintenance Employee Instructor Guide.
The quickSTART study guide is divided into three sections for the trainee:
- Knowledge that all hospitality employees need
- Knowledge specific to the Maintenance Employee position
- Skills Validation List
The quickSTART Skills Validation List can be used during on-the-job training in a work or learning lab setting. Upon successful completion of each training topic, the trainer observes the trainee as they demonstrate the tasks to meet property standards. The Maintenance Employee training covers 14 key areas, including:
- Discussing the importance of OSHA regulations and personal protective equipment
- Explaining the benefits of green initiatives for a property
- Summarizing the role of maintenance workers in property safety and security
- Listing common tools and how to prepare, inventory, and maintain them
The training package includes:
- Study Guide
- Certification exam scan sheet
Successful candidates who complete the quickSTART program and pass the 30 multiple-choice Certified Maintenance Employee exam with a score of 70% or higher will receive a certificate and lapel pin.