Job Description: A room attendant is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and presentation of rooms at a hotel. You will work with other room attendants to make sure every room has the wow-factor for guests on their arrival.
Your day-to-day duties may involve:
- cleaning and maintaining hotel rooms
- meeting and greeting guests
- adhering to health and safety procedures
As the room attendant for the hotel, you will clean and prepare the hotel rooms for guests during their stay. The hygiene and cleanliness of accommodation is a primary concern for guests, so you will need to be thorough and have an eye for detail.
While the guests are at the hotel you will change the linen and towels, re-make their beds and re-stock used toiletries. This procedure will be done daily and at the same time each day. You’ll need to be aware of special requests from the guests, and pay attention to any notices or ‘do not disturb signs’ left on their doors. As they leave the hotel you’ll need to quickly prepare the rooms ready for the next arrivals, while maintaining a high standard of cleanliness.
You’ll clean and tidy the bathrooms, bedrooms, kitchen, and communal areas using a range of specialist equipment, and you’ll be trained to use heavy-duty equipment and cleaning agents. Dusting high surfaces, and shampooing the furniture and carpets must be done at regular intervals.
It’s crucial that the room attendants report items that need repairing or replacing to maintain the safety and presentation of the hotel.
- Carry out periodic room servicing and deep cleaning
- Clean and maintain soft floors and furnishings
- Clean and service a range of areas
- Clean windows from the inside
- Clean, maintain and protect hard floors
- Collect linen and make beds
- Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organization
- Help to clean and maintain furnished areas
- Help to service bathrooms and toilets
- Maintain a safe, hygienic, and secure working environment
- Maintain Customer Care
- Maintain housekeeping supplies
- Prepare, service and clear meeting and conference rooms
- Work effectively as part of a hospitality team
- Work using different chemicals and equipment
Available Training and Certifications: