Job Description: As the cleaner for a hotel you are responsible for keeping all the facilities hygienic and tidy. You will adhere to strict health and safety procedures to ensure cleanliness is maintained.
Your day-to-day duties may involve:
- maintaining the cleanliness of the business
- adhering to health and safety procedures
- housekeeping duties
As a key member of the services team, you will maintain the cleanliness of the business, ensuring the guests are safe and comfortable. The hygiene and cleanliness of accommodation is a primary concern for guests, so you will need to be thorough and have an eye for detail. As the guests leave the hotel you’ll need to quickly prepare the rooms ready for the next arrivals, while maintaining a high standard of cleanliness.
You’ll clean and tidy the bathrooms, bedrooms, kitchen, and communal areas using a range of specialist equipment and you’ll be trained in the use of heavy-duty equipment, cleaning agents and manual handling. It’s crucial that the cleaners report items that need repairing or replacing to maintain the safety and presentation of the hotel.
- Carry out a periodic room servicing and deep cleaning
- Carry out periodic room servicing and deep cleaning
- Clean and maintain soft floors and furnishings
- Clean and service a range of areas
- Clean windows from the inside
- Clean, maintain and protect hard floors
- Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organization
- Help to service bathrooms and toilets
- Maintain a safe, hygienic, and secure working environment
- Maintain Customer Care
- Service public areas at front of house
- Work effectively as part of a hospitality team
- Work using different chemicals and equipment
Available Training and Certifications