Job Description: As a front desk supervisor you are responsible for ensuring the check-in and check-out procedures are accurate and that the reception area is operating smoothly.
Your day-to-day duties may involve:
- supervising reception staff
- meeting and greeting guests
- booking accommodation
- making reservations
- maintaining reception procedures
The front desk supervisor will support the reception team with their daily duties to create a welcoming experience for guests during their stay. You will maintain the front desk, presenting it with the appropriate material, and take the opportunity to sell upgrades to increase revenue for the hotel.
You will maintain a high standard of customer service, liaising with customers to ensure their needs have been met and each experience is positive. You will pay attention to customer specifications and resolve all queries promptly. When the front office manager is off duty you’ll be responsible for the whole department.
As a front desk supervisor, you will maintain a professional image at all times, and adhere to procedures to keep the front desk running efficiently. You’ll lead the reception team and demonstrate good health and safety awareness, along with proficient methods of working.
- Deal with communications as part of the reception function
- Deal with the arrival of customers
- Dealing with bookings
- Develop productive working relationships with colleagues
- Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organization
- Handle mail and book external services
- Maintain a safe, hygienic, and secure working environment
- Maintain Customer Care
- Prepare customer accounts and deal with departures
- Prepare to communicate in a business environment
- Produce documents in a business environment
- Promote additional services or products to customers
- Provide learning opportunities for colleagues
- Provide reception services
- Resolve customer service problems
- Store and retrieve information
- Supervise reception services
- Supervise reservation and booking services
- Use office equipment
Available Training and Certifications