Job Description: As Financial Controller your duty is to support and advise the General Manager and the management team in all areas of finance, to enable them to maximize profitability and to ensure that financial controls are in place and are being adhered to at all times.
Your duties may include:
- Timely and accurate billing and recording of income, particularly regarding sales ledger billing and customer/guest ledger
- Completing a daily revenue control check to ensure that all revenue has been accounted for
- Accurately forecast the revenues, costs, and payroll of a business
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Attending monthly profit and loss/ business reviews
The Financial Controller has the responsibility of running all aspects controls and financial reporting on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis, including forecasting and budgeting as well as managing and training a finance team.
You can be overseeing the finance function of single or multi-site businesses on a local, regional, or nationwide basis and be closely involved in business reviews and commercial decision-making.
- Ability to evaluate business trends and modify business strategies accordingly
- Ability to network and build relationships to improve the efficiency and growth of the business
- Ability to take constructive action without relying on directions from others
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team with colleagues from different viewpoints, cultures, and countries
- Effective change management skills
- Effective decision-making skills
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong customer and colleague relation skills
- Strong levels of communication and leadership (verbal, listening, writing)
- Strong problem-solving skills; encourage new innovative solutions when appropriate
- Strong strategic planning
- Understanding of the basic accounting functions and strong analytical and numerical skills
Available Training and Certifications