Job Description: As an event coordinator you will support the events team to plan, promote and coordinate events on behalf of a client or own organization. You will liaise with suppliers, exhibitors, guests, and clients to ensure the event is just as planned.
Your day-to-day duties may involve:
- finding and securing venues
- supporting the promotion of the event, via social media, the press, phone calls
- liaising with clients
- meeting and greeting guests
- supporting exhibitors, guests, and suppliers during the event
As an event coordinator, you may specialize in one area, or plan an array of events – from weddings to music concerts. Events include parties, festivals, conferences, and product launches.
The event coordinator will firstly liaise with their client to find out the requirements of the event and the deadline. Depending on the size of your team you may be responsible for booking a suitable venue for the event and creating a publicity campaign to promote it to the public or exhibitors. You may also liaise with newspapers, TV, and radio and write press releases to gain maximum advertising coverage. If you require several participants to present their services at your event, you’ll promote exhibition space, advertising the benefits of attending your event.
As an event coordinator, you may need to liaise with the client and suppliers to create the appearance of the venue and ensure it is as the client requested. You’ll also contact caterers, contractors, and equipment hire companies to supply the venue with food and any additional services such as electrical appliances. During the event, the coordinator will support the exhibitors, guests, and suppliers making sure they are satisfied.
A successful event coordinator is personable, taking their client’s interests into consideration and making guests feel welcome.
- Develop productive working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- Evaluate and report on the success of an event
- Implement marketing strategies and plans for products/services
- Manage contracts for an event
- Manage the running of an event
- Manage the setup and breakdown of an event
- Monitor and solve customer service problems
- Negotiate sales of products and services
- Oversee health, safety, and security at event sites
- Sell products and services to customers
Available training & certifications