Job Description: As a coffee shop manager you are responsible for every aspect of the business, ensuring that the team members are working effectively, the customers are satisfied and the business is profitable. The team members, shift supervisor and assistant coffee shop manager all report to the coffee shop manager.
Your day-to-day duties may involve:
- maintaining the coffee machinery
- taking coffee orders
- making shift rosters for the team members
- advising customers about the drinks available
- managing budgets and cost analysis
- ensuring health and safety standards are adhered to
As a coffee shop manager, you will regularly appraise the performance of the assistant manager and supervisor, giving them feedback on what objectives have been met and new goals to achieve. Although the duties of a coffee shop manager are less practical than a team member, you will be on the shop floor overseeing the operations of the coffee shop to identify how it can improve. Sometimes you will assist the team members to serve customers and maintain display areas. A coffee shop manager will sometimes check the coffee machinery and taste the coffee to check it is operating properly.
In addition to maintaining the front of house services, you will initiate marketing campaigns to promote the coffee shop in the local area. As a senior team member, you will also perform administrative tasks, including financial reports, budgets, cost analysis and correspondence with suppliers, customers, and head office.
- Contribute to promoting hospitality services and products
- Contribute to the control of resources
- Contribute to the selection of staff for activities
- Develop productive working relationships with colleagues
- Ensure food safety practices are followed in the preparation and serving of food and drink
- Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organization
- Improve the customer relationship
- Maintain the health, hygiene, safety, and security of the working environment
- Provide leadership for your team
- Provide learning opportunities for colleagues
- Receive, store and issue drink stock
- Supervise drinks services
- Supervise food services
Available Training and Certifications