In today’s environment food safety awareness is as heightened as ever. Setting a culture and standard of excellence in your restaurant is just good business. We are committed to helping you reach that standard.
ServSafe Manager is an advanced food safety certification developed by the National Restaurant Association (NRA) for foodservice and hospitality personnel. The ServSafe brand allows you to offer the highest standard of training to your staff. It also keeps customers safe with advanced food safety knowledge and complies with the Demonstration of Knowledge (DOK) and Person in Charge (PIC) requirements within the Washington State Food Code.
We have regularly schedule ServSafe training classes for restaurateurs throughout Washington, for our schedule of classes and to register online visit our Training Schedule.
Member price: $150*
Non-member price: $220*
* Cost is subject to change
ServSafe Manager delivers high-quality training options for every manager. From the classroom to online, and in a variety of languages, this is your food safety training and certification solution. The ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification is nationally recognized and accredited. To date, more than 3 million ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certifications have been awarded.
ServSafe brings together current best practices in advanced food safety, as well as current best practices for instruction to meet our industry’s changing needs. Students stay engaged in current state health code regulations and learn how to demonstrate knowledge of foodborne disease prevention, application of HACCP principles, and the requirements of the Washington State Food Code to the regulatory authority.
How Our ServSafe Manager Classes Work
- Our ServSafe Manager classes are offered in a one-day review format. Upon registration, attendees will be mailed a ServSafe Manager book to study prior to attending the class. The WHAEF closes registration for classes two weeks in advance of the class date to ensure each attendee has ample time to study.
- The day of the class the attendee will received approximately four hours of review of the ServSafe Manager materials. This information is presented through videos, PowerPoint presentations, time for Q&A and led by certified, industry experienced instructors.
- Review is followed by the ServSafe Manager exam, proctored by the class instructor. The exam is multiple choice and available in multiple languages, large print and an instructor version is available for those interested in becoming a ServSafe instructor for their own establishment. The instructor exam is only available in English. A passing score is 75% regardless of the exam type.
- Successful attendees will receive their ServSafe Manager certificates three to four weeks after the date of the class. Attendees who do not pass the exam can retake the course and exam up to three times in a 12 month period (additional fees for retakes will apply).
- Accommodations are able to be made for those who need translators or have a disability. Please contact the WHAEF for details and costs involved.
Contact the WHAEF with any questions by emailing us here, or calling